BARC Develops Credit card-size ECG Machine For Rs 4000

BARC Develops Credit card-size  ECG Machine For Rs 4000

It’s just slightly bigger than a debit or credit card but works like a full-fledged ECG machine. A team of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) announced their compact ECG machine recently. Soon, people could have an ECG machine at their homes just like they now have a personal blood sugar and/or blood pressure monitor. An app will connect the device to a smartphone and the user will not have to undergo special training to operate it.

Called Tele-ECG, work on its commercially producing is underway. Commercial machines currently available in the market cost between Rs 40,000 and Rs 50,000. The Tele-ECG will have a battery inside it and will be chargeable with a mobile phone charger. Also, the accompanying app will ensure real-time sharing of a patient’s ECG report with doctors. The time saved will be of critical importance in saving lives.

A researcher from the BARC team said Tele-ECG machine will be able to churn out around 300 ECG reports on a single charge. In rural areas where, where almost 70% of Indians live and where critical cardio care facilities are rare or absent, this machine could be a life saver.

The concept of a 12 channel Tele-ECG is not new. With the advent of GSM network and 3G and 4G network has now got a big boost. The ECG image can be shared over any file sharing app, including WhatsApp. For a printed output link any printer for an A4 sized printout will do.

17 Comments to “BARC Develops Credit card-size ECG Machine For Rs 4000”

1. dr.divyesh dudhagara // October 3, 2017 at 1:43 pm // Reply

Tele ecg machine buy procedure???

2. N. Madhu sudana Babu // October 23, 2017 at 5:36 am // Reply

Very nice inovation.
    How to get this product

3. So nice,but how and where to buy it?

4. Umesh makwana // November 9, 2017 at 9:24 am // Reply

Where and when it is availble

5. Where and how to buy this,
    Please provide the details on dinesh.Vishwakarma@live.com

6. Sidharth Tripathy // February 11, 2018 at 6:58 am // Reply

Interested for dealer enquiry and commission details

7. DR G S YALAVATTI // February 22, 2018 at 1:07 pm // Reply

Kindly let me know where I can buy this machine

8. DR G S YALAVATTI // February 22, 2018 at 1:09 pm // Reply

Kindly let me know the exact cost, where, & how to buy this machine

9. Pradeep GUPTA // April 14, 2018 at 8:01 am // Reply

Thanks u and urs team for the great work and one step make in India,this Machine is very useful in my rural areas of CHC/PHC hospital,so how we will buy this ecg, acknowledge me through email.👍

10. Chakresh Kumar Jain // June 10, 2018 at 2:21 pm // Reply

I had gone through technically of Tele ECG machine. It sounds good.it will be very useful for remote area , Defence , Road side medical assistance. Please provide me full literature

11. MAULIK H. GANATRA // June 12, 2018 at 9:52 am // Reply

Amazing.

How can i purchase this machine?
    I want to purchase in bulk quantity.

i can be reached on
    maulik2807@gmail.com

12. How can i purchase this machine?
    Please contact me on 9989948146

13. How do I buy the Tele ECG

14. Dr. mohan
    how to buy this product any link please

15. Where to buy this credit card sized ecg machine at Rs.4000/=

16. Lakshmi ramanan // December 5, 2018 at 4:47 pm // Reply

I need to procure for my son,sometimes pain in the heart also high HR,Dr advice took ecg when pain started,its not possible.at that moment .advice how to get one

17. How to buy this product plz help