Shri Madhu Pandit Dasa
Chairman, The Akshaya Patra Foundation
Chairman, Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir
Sri. Madhu Pandit Dasa, a B.Tech in Civil Engineering from IIT-Mumbai, initiated the Akshaya Patra program in the year 2000 by feeding 1500 children in 5 govt schools. Presently, this programme reach out to over 1.5 million school children in twenty four (24) locations in ten states in the country.
A passionate student of science, Madhu Pandit Dasa was selected by the highly reputed national talent search program of the country during his pre-degree. Having found the path that answered his quest for the absolute truth, right after his days in IIT-Bombay, Madhu Pandit Dasa dedicated his life to serving the mission of his divine grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. He has nearly three decades of self-less work behind him. He has been instrumental in conceiving and implementing many social initiatives that impact millions of people in this country, giving them a better quality of life. Besides his achievements in the social sector, he has evolved innovative ideas in presenting the ancient cultural ethos of India in a modern scientific and technological context.
- The Government of India conferred upon Madhu Pandit Dasa, Chairman of The Akshaya Patra Foundation and President of ISKCON Bangalore, the prestigious Padma Shri
- In the year 1990 under his guidance & governance, The Iskcon Sri Radha Krishna Temple- Bangalore was founded
- The efficiency and intricacies of this Akshaya Patra program has attracted the Harvard Business School to make a case study of it
- Madhu Pandit Dasa envisioned an eco-friendly and sustainable organic farm. His initiatives led to creating the Hare Krishna nature farm, in Mysore.
- The practices of corporate governance in Akshaya Patra have attracted the CNBC India Business Leader Award-2008 under the category ‘society enterprise of the year’
- The transparency and accountability has attracted ‘ICAI Gold Shield award for excellence in financial reporting in the NGO sector’ conferred by the Institute of chartered accountants of India for five consecutive years 2008-09 & 2012-13, and conferred `Hall of Fame’
- The tech awards, a signature program of the tech museum, and presented by applied materials, Inc. USA, selected Akshaya Patra from among hundreds of nominations representing 66 countries
- The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, on its foundation day, March 10, 2012, bestowed the distinguished alumnus award 2010 to Sri. Madhu Pandit Dasa. The institute recognised and honored Sri Madhu Pandit Dasa for “his contribution to humanitarian service and organic farming. This is the highest honor the institute bestows on the foundation day.
- Under his able guidance, the India Heritage Foundation’s first project ‘little krishna’ in association with Big Animation of Reliance Big Entertainment pvt ltd has won several national and international awards
- Currently Madhu Pandit Dasa is working on setting up the Indian Heritage and Culture Tourism Park – the ‘Krishna Lila Park’ that will be built with an integrated spiritual township in Bangalore