Global alternative asset and private equity investor KKR recently announced the launch of its Sustainability Expert Advisory Council (SEAC), a six-member independent council aimed at bolstering the firm’s ESG expertise and capabilities, and advance ESG strategy and practices.
An official note announced the names of the council that comprises six independent experts across key ESG issues, encompassing climate, diversity, equity, and inclusion, labor and workforce, governance and transparency, and data responsibility. SEAC will be chaired by Robert Eccles, Visiting Professor of Management Practice at the University of Oxford Saïd Business School, Founding Chairman of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and a founder of the International Integrated Reporting Council.
Other members include:
- Alexandra Givens, President and CEO of the Center for Democracy and Technology
- Nat Keohane, President of the Center for Climate and Energy Solution
- Andrew Stern, Senior Fellow, Economic Security Project and President Emeritus of the Service Employees International Union
- Roy Swan, Head of Mission Investments at the Ford Foundation and former co-head of Morgan Stanley’s Global Sustainable Finance team
- Claudia Zeisberger, Senior Affiliate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise at INSEAD and founder of the Global Private Equity Initiative, INSEAD’s center of excellence for Private Equity and Venture Capital
KKR has been an active investor in ESG and sustainability-focused themes, with several energy transition-focused investments and initiatives. The note noted that KKR has also significantly expanded its ESG capabilities, tripling the size of its ESG team over the past year, adding professionals focused on ESG integration, ESG compliance, impact measurement, data science, and reporting.
Support Green Journalism
Since March 2013, SustainabilityNext (SN) has been educating and exciting thousands of entrepreneurs, executives and graduate students about the power of Sustainability in influencing our future. It’s purpose is to inspire and provoke Indians to move swiftly from awareness to belief to ACTION.
As of December 2021, SN is India’s most read digital magazine on the business of sustainability. It has been covering Green Business, Green Products, Social Entrepreneurship, Green Literature, Green Technology, among others. A youth section was added in 2021.
SN launched India’s first Green Literature Festival (www.greenlitfest.com) in June 2021 to offer a robust platform for readers and writers to hold meaningful conversations.
For SN to grow and stay relevant it needs to transition from a grant and self-funded model to a community-funded and/or institution/corporate-funded model.
Looking forward to your timely and generous support.
Why Support SN – https://sustainabilitynext.in/support/
All supporters get two-year subscription to SN. You can Gift Subscription to your colleagues/friends/family.
For sponsorships and advertising please contact
Publisher & Editor