C-CAMP has launched C-CAMP COVID-19 Innovations Deployment Accelerator or C-CIDA recently to help accelerate COVID-19 innovations stuck in last-mile issues. The initiative by C-CAMP has now been joined by multiple partners :- UNHIE, Social Alpha, XYNTEO India2022, MedTechConnect, India Health Fund, AIC CCMB, CCMB, PATH, Action COVID-19 Team, ACT, India’s biggest non-governmental funding mobilization effort in wake of the pandemic led by Indian startups and industry and 91Springboard.
C-CIDA has announced a search for innovations that are ready to be deployed immediately or in the near future to curb the COVID-19 outbreak.
Based on the assessment, we will help
- Pilot deployment, operational validation, and field implementation
- Scaling through industry and manufacturing partnerships
- Navigating regulatory pathway
- Connecting with investors and fund raising
- ACT will consider select CCIDA applications for funding support.
The assessment criteria will include readiness for deployment, scientific validity, feasibility, and impact. Assessment will happen daily. In the next few days, we will select and help most impactful innovations that are quickest to deploy.
Innovations can be under following categories: screening, diagnostics, therapeutics, vaccines, containment strategies, public health & other categories including but not limited to focused technologies in
- mobile health technologies for screening and homecare,
- diagnostic kits and Point of Care tests,
- protective gear and sterilization innovations for care providers,
- digital triaging tools and risk stratifying systems,
- low cost ventilators and oxygen therapy units,
- AI systems to assist critical care,
- supply chain innovations,
- volunteerism and service innovations and
- scalable plug and play isolation units, treatment tents
The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP): C-CAMP is a member of the Bangalore Life Sciences Cluster (BLiSC) with a mandate to enable cutting-edge life science research and innovation, and promote life science entrepreneurship. It is India’s premier innovation and technology hub as well as one of the largest and most thriving life sciences incubators in the country.
C-CAMP has directly funded, incubated and mentored close to 150 start-ups over the last few years and is connected to about 1000 startups and entrepreneurs across the country in healthcare, agriculture and environment. C-CAMP is an initiative supported by Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, and NITI Aayog, Government of India.
Find more details on www.ccamp.res.in